2023 Ph.D. in Industrial and System Engineering (Human Factors) at University of Wisconsin–Madison
2020 M.S. in Industrial and System Engineering (Human Factors) at University of Wisconsin–Madison
2019 B.A. in Psychology & Mathematics at Agnes Scott College
To better facilitate human-autonomy teaming (HAT) in the future hybrid society, my research entwines communication, cooperation, and coevolution between humans and artificial intelligence (AI). Specifically, I model trust in human-AI real-time communications, social interactions, and long-term dynamics in safety-critical domains. My research findings further the understanding of trust in HAT and provide broader design implications for conversational robots, safety policy for autonomous vehicles, and theoretical frameworks for safe-critical sociotechnical systems.
For more information, please refer to my personal website.
- Li, M., Erickson, I., Cross, V., & Lee, J. D. (2023). It’s Not Only What You Say, But Also How You Say It: Machine Learning Approach to Estimate Trust in Conversation. Human Factors.
- Li, M., Kamaraj, A.V., & Lee, J.D. (2023). Modeling Trust Dimensions and Dynamics in Human-Agent Conversation: A Trajectory Epistemic Network Analysis Approach. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 1-12.
- Alsaid, A., Li, M., Chiou, E., & Lee, J.D. (2023). Measuring Trust: A Text Analysis Approach to Compare, Contrast, and Select Trust Questionnaires. Frontier in Psychology.
- Li, M., Mehrotra, S., Akash, K., Misu, T., Lee, J. D. (2023). You Cooperate, I Reciprocate: Well-Being and Trust in Automated Vehicles. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2023). (September 24-28, 2023).
- Li, M., Noejovich S. I., Cross, E.V., Lee, J. D. (2023). Explain Trust Divergence: Bifurcation as A Dynamic System. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. (October 23-27, 2023).
- Li, M., Erickson, I., Cross, V., & Lee, J. D. (2022, October). Estimating Trust in Conversational Agent with Lexical and Acoustic Features. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. (October 9-13, 2022)
- Li, M. & Lee, J.D. (2022, October). Modeling Goal Alignment In Human-AI Teaming: A Dynamic Game Theory Model. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. (October 9-13, 2022).
- Li, M., Alsaid A. Noejovich S. I., Cross V., Lee J.D. (2020, November). Towards a Conversational Measure of Trust. Proceedings of AAAI Fall Symposium Series 2020: Trust & Explainability in Artificial Intelligence for Human-Robot Interaction. (November 13-14, 2020).
- Li, M. Katrahmani, A., Kamaraj, A.V., & Lee J.D. (2020, October). Defining Design Space of the Auto-Mobile Office: A Computational Abstraction Hierarchy Analysis. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. (October 5-9, 2020).
- Li, M., Holthausen, E., Stuck, E., & Walker, N. (2019, September). No Risk No Trust: Investigating Perceived Risk in Highly Automated Driving. Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications (AutomotiveUI’ 2019), Utrecht, Netherlands (September 22-25, 2019).