Davood TofighiAssistant Professor of Psychology
JS Coon 132
Analytical Method in Prevention Lab
Ph.D. (2010) Quantitative Psychology Arizona State University
The overall goal of my research is to develop, enhance, and evaluate the state-of-the-art mathematical and statistical methods that are widely used to model real-world, complex psychological, educational, and health phenomenon. My substantive research focuses on the application of statistical methods to model causal and developmental processes in public health research, industrial/organizational and developmental psychology, and educational psychology.
- Tofighi, D. & MacKinnon, D. P. (in press). Monte Carlo confidence intervals for complex functions of indirect effects. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. doi: 10.1080/10705511.2015.1057284
- Tofighi, D. & Thoemmes, F. (2014). Single-level and multilevel mediation analysis. The Journal of Early Adolescence, 34, 93–119. doi:10.1177/0272431613511331
- Tofighi, D., West, S. G., & MacKinnon, D. P. (2013). Multilevel mediation analysis: The effects of omitted variables in the 1-1-1 model. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 66, 290–307. doi:10.1111/j.2044-8317.2012.02051.x
- Tofighi, D. & MacKinnon, D. P. (2011). RMediation: An R package for mediation analysis confidence intervals. Behavior Research Methods, 44, 692–700. Note. A web version of the RMediation program is available from: http://amp.gatech.edu/RMediation
- Tofighi, D., MacKinnon, D. P., & Yoon M. (2009). Covariances between regression coefficient estimates in a single mediator model. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 62, 457-484.
- Enders, C.K., & Tofighi, D. (2007). Centering predictor variables in cross-sectional multilevel models: A new look at an old issue. Psychological Methods, 12, 121-138.
- Tofighi, D., & Enders, C.K. (2007). Identifying the correct number of classes in growth mixture models. In G.R. Hancock & K. M. Samuelsen (Eds.), Advances in Latent Variable Mixture Models (pp. 317-341).Greenwich, CT: Information Age.