June 01, 2020
I am writing to express what I am sure are shared sentiments: pain and anger at George Floyd’s senseless killing and at systemic inequity and injustice that have gone on for too long.
Our work is to improve the human condition and create a better world. That work and that world begin in our own community, through cultivating equity, seeing and addressing prejudice, listening to and speaking up for one another, and continuing to work together to create justice and opportunities for all people.
The College of Sciences stands firmly as your ally. Please keep talking, listening and advocating with us. Please keep your eyes, hands, hearts, and minds trained on this work and this fragile world of ours. We are all needed to strengthen our shared humanity.
— Susan Lozier, Dean and Betsy Middleton and John Clark Sutherland Chair
Please continue to reach out to professors and staff to talk. We are here for you and with you, today and every day. If you would like to talk to someone at Tech outside of the College, please visit counseling.gatech.edu to connect. If you have ideas for the College, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share them.
Georgia Tech Stories, Voices, Resources
- GTSBE and SGA: What would help you feel safer as a member of the Georgia Tech community? Share now.
- Georgia Tech Society of Black Engineers
- Georgia Tech National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE)
- Student Government Association: Resources
- Àngel Cabrera: Statement on George Floyd
- Manu Platt: BMES Diversity Award Lecture
- Charles Isbell, College of Computing: From the Dean's Desk - June 1, 2020
- Archie Ervin: Commitment to Drive Change
- Crystal Bell: The Importance of Representation
- Lewis Wheaton: How to Promote Diversity Daily
- Alonzo Whyte: Letting Diversity Shine
- Keith Oden: Science is for Everyone
- Keith Oden: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
- Andrew Gillum: 2020 Black History Month Lecture
- College of Sciences Faculty Diversity Council
- Institute Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion: Student Organizations
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion: Stories, News, Initiatives
- Equity, Diversity and Excellence Initiative
- Division of Student Life: Counseling Center
- National Society of Black Engineers: Chapter of the Year
- June 2020: Join CoS Staff Advisory Council